If you are interested in camping in the United States, then there are many great options for where to go. However, some options offer even more beautiful views or unexplored territory than others. There are many great places to camp in the United States and you can even camp in a national park or regional park in every state in the United States (of course, you will want to check the weather first). If you are looking for the right places to go, then check out this list of the top camping trips and destinations to take in the US.
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado. One of the most beautiful towns in the United States is Steamboat Springs in Colorado. There are many great backpacking and camping destinations in and around Steamboat Springs and there are even beautiful hot springs that are right alongside a river that will take your breath away.
- The Grand Canyon. The bottom of the grand canyon is a beautiful place to camp as well. You will have spectacular views from the bottom. You will want to be prepared for cold weather as the bottom can get cold at night but it will be completely worth the hike when you explore the beautiful area around the Grand Canyon.
- Canyonlands National Park. Another great destination in the United States is Canyonlands National Park. There are ample spots for camping in this park as well as numerous hiking trails for exploring. If you are into backpacking and hiking, then you will want to visit this park on your next trip through Utah.
- BWCA and surrounding wilderness areas. This is a very large area of land that is located in northern Minnesota. It is known for its canoeing and fishing as well as its plethora of camping spots. You will find many great places to go and see when you get to BWCA.
- On the beaches of Hawaii. Of course, Hawaii is an ideal destination and there are places that you can camp…right on the beach!
As you can see, these were just a few of the many great locations that you can consider when trying to find the right places to go and camp on your next camping adventure and vacation. You will want to be sure that you have checked out the area for any permits that you may need as well as any costs to camp in designated areas or if you can just pitch your tent anywhere. You will also want to be sure to check out local outfitters in order to find whatever gear that you may need last minute. For example, if you are in Steamboat Springs, then you can check out the BAP store for any Big Agnes gear and other camping supplies that you may need for your next adventure. If you are interested in the BWCA, then you can check out the gear at Spirit of the Wilderness. They are the leading experts in gear for canoe trips, camping trips, and fishing trips.