One of the most complex systems in our body is the endocrine one. The field of endocrinology is dedicated to dealing with hormonal balance in our bodies, which can affect our daily lives in numerous ways. Many women experience issues with hormonal imbalance, which can cause weight gain, irritability, fatigue, and many other symptoms. If your doctor has prescribed hormone replacement therapy, there are some things you should know before beginning the treatment.
- What it Is: Hormone replacement therapy is done to help balance your hormone levels. For women who have had procedures such as hysterectomies the best procedure is estrogen alone therapy, or ET, while for women who are going through menopause a progesterone treatment is the best option.
- Why it is Needed: Hormone replacement procedures are needed for women who have an imbalance in their system. This can present itself in symptoms like extreme fatigue, unexplained and persistent weight gain, irritability, depressions, acne that does not go away, and a number of other symptoms. Hormonal imbalances can severely impact a woman’s life, which is why turning to help from experts is vital.
- Who Should Not Consider Treatment: Hormonal treatment is not right for everyone. Women who have cancer and are going through chemotherapy or radiation should not be treated for hormonal imbalance until after they have completed their cancer treatment. Women with history of blood clots, high blood pressure, liver disease, and heart disease are also not good candidates. Ask an expert in endocrinology to help you decide if the treatment is right for you.
- How Long is Treatment: For most women, treatment can last up to five years. The best hormonal treatments are those that allow you to get low doses for longer periods of time, since this can be much more effective than higher doses.
- How it is Given: There are different options for hormone treatment for women. There are pills you can take every day, as well as patches that you can wear. For women with symptoms that affect the vagina more than anything else, there are vaginal creams and even a ring that is inserted to help. There are gels that can also be used. Depending on the kind of treatment you need, your doctor will recommend the right option for you.
- Side-Effects: There are some side-effects to hormone replacement treatments. These can include nausea, breast tenderness, some swelling or bloating, vaginal bleeding if you use the vaginal cream, mood changes, and headaches. These are usually mild and will not affect your life too severely.
If you have been struggling with a hormonal imbalance and want to get your life back, hormone replacement therapy can be the best option. Natural Bio Health is a clinic that can offer the treatment options you want, provided by experts in the field. If you are not sure which treatment option is best for you, be sure to consult with your doctor. With a bit of time, you will start seeing a huge difference in how you feel.