Many homes have basements, but not all of them are in the kind of condition the homeowners would want. Basement remodeling projects are becoming more and more popular these days, mainly because they offer a great way to add habitable square footage to your property without having to consider home additions or anything like that. If you are wondering if a basement remodeling project is right for your home, we have some reasons why you should definitely consider it.
- More Space: Your basement will allow you to add more space to your home that you can use for many different things. Some people choose to build extra bedrooms in the space, while others prefer to turn it into a games’ room or the like. No matter what you would prefer, having a basement fixed up and ready to use can be a great thing.
- Add Value: Add value to your property with a basement remodeling project. A basement that is habitable adds lots of square footage to our property, allowing you to ask for more if you are planning on selling it. This is especially true if you decide to make the space into extra rooms or even a complete suite with kitchen and bathrooms. This is one of the most effective ways of adding substantial value to your home with minimal construction work.
- Extra Income: Many people these days are looking for ways to get a little extra income. This can be possible by renting out your basement. If the space is completed and large enough to have a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom, it could easily be rented out. This is especially true if the basement has a separate entrance. For people who are looking to make a bit more money each month, this could be a solution.
- Comfort: Not only does the basement allow you to have more space in your home, but it can also provide you with a cooler environment during the summers. The basements usually stay much cooler than the rest of the house, so if you do not have air conditioning and you want to be more comfortable during summer, this is a good way to achieve that.
- Flexibility: Most basements have an open floor structure, which allows you to plan the space without limitations. You can keep it as one large open space or you can make it into smaller rooms depending on what you prefer.
With a basement remodeling project you can add value to your property, make your home much more comfortable and a variety of other things. This is why so many people are turning to the option of finishing their basements. With the right company to help you with the remodeling, you will be able to get it all done quickly and efficiently. Turn to a company like Evoke Custom Builders for quality work that is affordable and that you can rely on. Get your basement looking great and make it much easier for you to sell your home for a great rate.
Now that the busy travel season is over and you’re preparing to hunker down for the winter, the time couldn’t be better to finally remodel your bathroom. If you can get the renovations completed before the winter hits, you’ll have the entire season to enjoy your new bathroom and all of its perks. The key to any bathroom remodeling project (and to any remodeling project in general) is making sure that you design the new bathroom to your satisfaction. As long as you have a clear idea of what you want your bathroom to look like, it becomes relatively easy to make it so.
There are many tools a person can use to design their new bathroom. The first thing that you need to do, however, is to select the perfect company to make the renovations for you. You should consider the cost of the project the company is telling you, the quality of their past work, the amount of experience they have and how their past customers feel about the work they’ve done for them. You should also take some time to look through their gallery to make sure that what they’ve done for other customers looks good to you. Once you’ve done all of this, you’ll likely choose Marrokal Design and Remodeling. Their past work, their level of experience, their quality guarantee and their outstanding customer communication and service make them a clear choice in their industry.
Once you’ve decided on the company you want to work with, the next step is designing your bathroom. There are many tools at your disposal that will help you come up with your blueprints. The first thing you should do is go back to the gallery of the company you hired and to the galleries of other companies. By looking through various pictures of other, completed bathrooms you can start to get an idea of what you like. Maybe you fall in love with the bathtub/shower of a particular bathroom, and the sink of another. These galleries will give you great ideas about specific parts of your bathroom design. By integrating these various things you can start to draw up clear pictures of your new bathroom.
Another great thing to do is to take mental notes of the bathrooms of other homes you are in. When you go to visit a friend to watch football on Sunday or you visit an open house of an acquaintance, you should take mental notes about the aspects of their bathroom that you like the most. These mental notes will give you more ideas about what you can do with your own bathroom. It’s also a great idea to visit the social media site Pinterest. You can create a board on their site that will allow you to accumulate pictures of various bathrooms that you like the look of. Once you’ve collected all of this information, sit down with your bathroom renovations specialist and start to draw up the blueprints with them. By working closely with the company that will actually be doing the work, you should be able to end up with the bathroom you’re envisioning in your mind.